Instructions to Contributors
The International Journal of Curriculum Development and Practice (IJCDP) is an international publication of the Japan Curriculum Research and Development Association has the following aims:
1. To promote exchange of educational innovations worldwide;
2. To disseminate results of researches aimed at the improvement of existing educational systems;
3. To report new ideas in curriculum and instruction; and
4. To provide an avenue for publication of research findings and comments on education.
Format of Manuscripts
1. The paper must be original and written in English. It should not exceed
@@If the published paper exceeds 10 pages, it charged 5,000 JPY per 1 page (maximum 4 pages).
2. The manuscript should be typed on A4 white bond paper with 9 pt~48 lines. The use of all capital letters or italicized letters is discouraged.
3. The first page of the manuscript should contain the (1) title of the
paper, (2) author's name and institutional affiliation, (3) abstract of
4. At the end of the article, bibliographic details should be listed in alphabetical order based on authors' surnames. Refer to the following examples:
For a book: Bell, B. and Gilbert, J. (1996) Teacher
Development: A Model
from Science Education (London:Falmer).
For a chapter in a book: Bettencourt, A. (1993) The construction of
knowledge: a radical constructivist view. In K. Tobin (ed), The Practice of
Constructivism in Science Education. (New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum
For an article in a journal: Morgan, V., Dunn, S., Fraser, G. and
(1994) A different sort of teaching, a different sort of teacher? Teachers in
integrated schools in Northern Ireland. Comparative Education, 30, 153-
5. Figures and tables in the manuscript should be prepared in a camera-ready form for publication.
6. All notes should be listed after the main body of the article, preceding the reference section. No footnotes are allowed.
Submission of Manuscripts
@ Only members of the Japan Curriculum Research and Development Association
could submit the manuscript for publication. The contributor must submit
the following to the editorial board:
@Submit two electronic files through website system: 1) a manuscript with author/workplace names, and 2) a manuscript without author/workplace names.
The submitted manuscripts must not be under consideration for publication by any other journals.
Review, Acceptance and Publication of Papers
All articles, papers submitted to IJCDP are reviewed by the editorial board members. The evaluation of manuscripts is based on their significance to education and on their technical quality and revised based on the comments made. The editorial board must receive the submitted papers for IJCDP by the ends of February, May, August and November.
Accepted manuscripts are published in about a year and the edited manuscripts will be given to the authors. The author may purchase additional reprints from the publisher.